Thursday, August 16, 2018

Book Review: The Shaolin Workout: 28 Days To Transforming Your Body and Soul The Warriors Way by Shin Yan Ming

The Shaolin Workout Learn Kung Fu step By Step
buy the shaolin workout paperback
There are a lot of books that you can jump into, and learn about kung fu and more. Focusing on more than self defense, let’s take into account how to learn kung fu step by step, with the help of a fitness book that is going to surprise you completely. The book in question is that of The Shaolin Workout: 28 Days To Transforming Your Body and Soul The Warriors Way by Shin Yan Ming. This is a book that runs 304 pages if you get the paperback, and of course it differs if you have the kindle version, or the hardcover overall. This is a book that surprised me when I picked it up, and started to work with the motions, and the movements. One benefit that I ended up getting with this was not necessarily how to learn kung fu step by step, but rather weight loss. I kid you not, I dropped 23 pounds by changing things up a little. I know, that sounds insane, but it’s an honest take on what I was trying to accomplish in trying to review this book for this blog, and actively pursuing the notion that I could learn kung fu step by step.

Does Shin Yan Ming Show You How To Learn Kung Fu Step By Step?

The short answer here is, no. This is not a fully realized kung fu manual, at least not the same. It’s something that is a little more than the premise of how to learn kung fu step by step. This is something that is a bit more focused on health and wellness. First, it focuses on losing weight, but not literally “hey lose weight here”, but rather something that is meant to help you with your martial arts training. I found that the first thing that I learned was how to work with stretches and movements that helped me with practicing Tai Chi and Kung Fu mixed. I was able to speed up some reaction times in the gym, and helped with my knee pain that I was getting. It also helped me generate a bit of help with my back, which was hurting due to storms nearby. The storms really did a number, but with some of the stretches that I was able to pull with the book, I was able to really calm down the inflammation overall.

There are definite steps to fighting here, and you could learn street fighting from the positions and movements that are shown within Shin Yan Ming’s instructions. Your goal is to take the steps and learn how to master them without the book. I was able to improve my range of motion, and even showed off a few moves in front of a mirror and camera. I’m not going to be filming anytime soon, but upon looking at how I was working through the motions, I found myself reflecting on the bigger picture and hey, I look good in kung fu mode! This doesn’t show you learn kung fu step by step, yet it shows you learn kung fu step by step, which is odd. I am fascinated by that.

The Process of What Shin Yan Ming Shows Off In His Book

As you look into The Shaolin Workout, you are going to be brought back to all of those killer kung fu movies from youth. I grew up on them, mind you. I was able to learn a few of my favorite little movements from the classic, “Snake in Eagles Shadow” for instance, and it felt good to kind of mirror what my favorite kung fu artists were doing. Of course, I’m no Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee, but hey, I looked good. Shin Yan Ming shows off an easy to master process of working out, and if you collaborate the moves within the confines of how Ming teaches, you will in fact learn how to fight. The process is simple, you are given pictures, instructions, and a lot of images that are meant to help you pose, and work through the right balancing act of learning to work out in a martial arts type of way. Mind you, this this a book that is about working out, not just focusing on how to learn kung fu step by step.

The book is easy to follow. It has plenty of pictures, and step by step instructions on how to move your body, and how to burn the calories you need for weight loss. There’s also a balance of strength training that comes with this book as well. You could very well learn kung fu step by step, but this books goes beyond that. It goes into the discussion of your soul, and spiritual fighting balance and mentality. It’s fascinating how the book can move from exercise to mind control, and so much more. Shin Yan Ming really does well in crafting a book that is well balanced, and critical to learning how to use your body for many purposes. Whether you want to improve your weight, your balance, or you want to learn how to associate certain fighting styles, this creates an incredible array of instructions that you’re not going to easily forget that’s for certain.

What Happens After The 28 Days?

What if you don’t become Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan after 28 days? The purpose of this book is not that. But you can always reset the book, and go back. One of the things that I absolutely love about martial arts, learning, and healthy living is that you can always go back to the beginning, and learn the initial steps again and again, then master them for your own purposes. You can easily focus on books, videos, and even guides that teach learn kung fu step by step, but this is more than that. I liked this because you can test it for 28 days, then start again at the beginning and get another 28 days, and keep going until you feel that you’ve mastered the art of weight loss and kung fu overall. Kung fu solutions are not found with just “one” thing, mind you, which is why Shin Yan Ming constructs a critical book for weight loss, and much more. I found it interesting, and continue to use the movements in the gym, and even when no one seems to be looking. Although, I did fall a few times, and I’m not exactly a Shaolin kung fu master, yet. I also found that the advice on zen, and mindfulness was great, and it helped me with my daily workouts, and routines for writing.

Again, you don’t have to focus on learning every step of this book as fast as you can. You could work with the 28 days, and end up with a positive push forward. I found that despite the premise of the book, and despite that it’s meant to transform you in 28 days, it is part of a larger balance for healthy living. I came into this book with the idea of moving forward with the idea of how to learn kung fu step by step. Instead, I learned a lot more than that, and have found peace, and balance in a lot of different arenas.

The Bottom Line About The Shaolin Workout by Shin Yan Ming

I can sit here and tell you that this is the greatest book ever, but it’s not. I reviewed it, I tested the methods, and within 30 days, which is 2 more than the 28, I managed to enjoy it on a lot of levels. I lost weight, I have better balance on my skateboard, and I’ve managed to see benefits that come with stretching, pain relief, and much more. While I didn’t fulfill that notion of trying to learn kung fu step by step, I did manage to create a balanced weight loss plan that helped with this book. Shin Yan Ming’s book is well worth exploring on a lot of levels, and heck, it could help you with training, weight loss, and so much more. I recommend it as a vital part of your healthy living protocol, and even learning how to work with martial arts, training, and more. It’s a fun, inexpensive book, and you can definitely benefit from it in a big way.

You can purchase, The Shaolin Workout: 28 Days To Transforming Your Body and Soul The Warriors Way by Shin Yan Ming by clicking here. Test it for 28 days, see how far you can go. I did, and recommend this for certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
I'm a happy go lucky blogger and SEO digital marketer with a knack for writing and communications online. I love scary movies, kung fu movies, and music. Drop me a line if you're interested in any of those things. Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/sirjorgexxx